Whew! I am singing praises, thank you Jesus, this morning. I have finally finished construction on this unique, what I am calling a, “display/message center.” The next step is to paint it. I am divided between wanting to do a chalkboard paint application, but as I’ve read other posts, I am wary of having to do any waxing. The other option is to just paint it with some latex paint and seal it. I already have a gloss latex paint in a color that I like. Decisions, decisions.
I started out with a footstool that someone sat on and broke. Then I thought this wood is too good to throw out, so I deconstructed it and added two old wood displays I had in the basement… I could do something with these. So I got out my tools: a jigsaw, a small drill for holes, and a big drill for cutting big wood pieces, a sander, hammer and misc screws and glues and got to work. I had to add other wood for stability. I also had to add a fourth piece, another old footstool, to get the unit up off the floor. It is now about 6 feet high. You might think I got carried away, and you’d be right!
Unfortunately, the very top and bottom of the picture above was cut off during import. I hope I can get the whole thing in when you see the finished product in my next post, I need to move on from this project as I have more ideas swirling around in my head.