Tag Archives: Storage

Scarf Hanger

I know it looks like Art By Faith has not posted any new creations of late, but I have been preoccupied with other things.  I did make a scarf hanger out of shower curtain rings as a gift to a relative who has many scarves and no way to hang them.  Check it out.  I used hot glue, some pipe cleaners, and finished the inset of the hanger with some tiny flowers and resin.  I haven’t heard anything more from her, but I hope she is using it.  I think this type of hanger works best as it curves at the shoulder and the hanger part is metal, the rest is heavy plastic.  Shower rings me $1.00!

Scarf Hanger-view 1
Scarf Hanger – View 2

One Dollar Spice Rack

spice rack
$1.00 Spice Rack

My kitchen has very, very limited space and spices are taking over my cabinet, falling out everytime I open the door to reach for one.  I’ve been looking for a “cheap” solution and I found it.  At the dollar store, I came across a set of 3 mini-baskets for $1.00.  I found a piece of acrylic I had at home, gorilla glued the baskets to it, and voila, a spice rack for all those small spice containers and seasoning packets.  LOVE IT!

Almost There- Display/Message Center

Wood Project
Wood Project-DIY

Whew! I am singing praises, thank you Jesus,  this morning.  I have finally finished construction on this unique, what I am calling a, “display/message center.”  The next step is to paint it.  I am divided between wanting to do a chalkboard paint application, but as I’ve read other posts, I am wary of having to do any waxing.  The other option is to just paint it with some latex paint and seal it.  I already have a gloss latex paint in a color that I like.  Decisions, decisions.

I started out with a footstool that someone sat on and broke.  Then I thought this wood is too good to throw out, so I deconstructed it and added two old wood displays I had in the basement… I could do something with these.  So I got out my tools:  a jigsaw, a small drill for holes, and a big drill for cutting big wood pieces, a sander, hammer and misc screws and glues and got to work.  I had to add other wood for stability.   I also had to add a fourth piece, another old footstool, to get the unit up off the floor.  It is now about 6 feet high.  You might think I got carried away, and you’d be right!

Unfortunately, the very top and bottom of the picture above was cut off during import.  I hope I can get the whole thing in when you see the finished product in my next post,  I need to move on from this project as I have more ideas swirling around in my head.

Back to DIY-Storage

Finally I can get back to my storage/display/wall dividre/woodworking project.  I was hoping to be further along;  instead I entertained family members over the weekend.  We had a great time.  We talked about everything under the sun.  We had a movie marathan, I baked four (4) zucchini breads (the zucchini was donated and I had to do something with all that zucchini), and cleaned the house.  Lastly, when everyone was gone, I took one day off and did absolutely nothing.

Light

One family member had mistakenly pulled down my makeshift ceiling light and today I updated it and put it back up.  With whatever items I had around the house, I made the light using a light kit, a plastic clothes hanger, and an acrylic tube covered with a piece of window privacy covering.

If nothing else happens I will work on my project today!